But put yourself in my position, witnessing your momma popping prescription pills in the kitchen.Eminem – Cleaning Out My Closet
Since its inception in 2009, The Harmony Workshops has delivered education/prevention & rehabilitation workshops around the country to youth organisations such as; Foróige, Youthreach and Garda Youth Diversion Projects. It has delivered numerous workshops to residential drug treatment centers Aislinn, in Co. Kilkenny and The Matt Talbot Services in Co. Cork.
Since 2014 full-day workshops have been delivered to over 60 post-primary schools around Ireland. The Harmony Program is now part of the drug treatment program on the medical wing of Mountjoy prison alongside Merchant Quay, Anna Liffey and Coolmine Therapeutic Community Services. It was featured in the TV3 four part documentary on Mountjoy prison, ‘The Joy’.
Founder & CEO Roger Mehta is a pre-accredited addiction counsellor & psychotherapist. He has been a musician, singer, song writer, DJ & radio broadcaster for over 30 years.
Roger tragically lost most of his family to dual diagnosis. In 1998 he found recovery from the condition himself. He brings a lifetime worth of experiential learning and education dealing with and managing the effects of poor mental health and its related substance misuse disorder.
For the past 20 years he has worked in the community on a voluntary basis with individuals and families and also in conjunction with the HSE (Health Service Executive of Ireland), South Tipperary Substance Misuse Team.
Over this period he has worked as a drug and alcohol educator in numerous post primary schools under the Department of Education and supported inpatients at St Michael’s Psychiatric Hospital, Co. Tipperary. He was a community drug and alcohol facilitator with The Mid Tipperary Drug Initiative (MTDI). Roger is the founder, facilitator and CEO of The Harmony Workshops.
Education & Training
- B.A. degree (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy, Irish College of Humanities & Applied Sciences (ICHAS), Limerick (2019)
- B.A. degree in Counselling & Addiction Studies, ICHAS, Limerick (2018)
- Diploma in Alcohol and Drug Studies, University of Limerick (2010)
- Certificate in Drug Intervention and Counseling Skills, Merchants Quay Ireland/UCD (2009)
- Advanced Certificate in Motivational Interviewing for Changing Addictive Behaviours, HSE (2013)
- Certificates in Community Addiction Studies, Waterford Institute of Technology (2009)
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, National Acupuncture Detox Association – Ireland (2010)
- Suicide Intervention Certificate, Applied Suicide Intervention and Skills Training (ASIST) (2008)
Since 1983 Roger has worked in Ireland and the UK as:
- A musician, singer/songwriter – Damien Rice, John Spillan and Aslan.
- Music and technology tutor – Private, student groups, SongSchool Ltd.
- Founder & facilitator of music therapy programme, Crossroads – HSE, The National Council for the Blind, RehabCare, Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Dementia Ireland, Senior Citizens.
- Radio broadcaster – Centre radio 101 FM, Tipp FM.
- Live DJ- London, Dublin, Cork.
He is a 2007 graduate from I.A.D.T, Dun Laoighaire-The National Film School of Ireland where he studied media and journalism.
Tel: Ire +353 (0)52 61 18124 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org